Every state in the U.S. has its requirements for ATV insurance. Purchasing an ATV policy in New Jersey can shield your financial position in the event of an accident, theft, injury, or damage to your vehicle.
What Insurance Covers
Most people refer to any motorized vehicle meant for off-road driving as an ATV or all-terrain vehicle. They are also commonly known as quad bikes, quads or four-wheelers.
There are numerous reasons why ATV insurance is crucial. The key benefits of an ATV policy ownership are as follows:
- Collision – covers the cost of repairs to the damaged ATV in the event of an accident
- Liability – covers the cost of property damage and bodily injury; also pays the legal fees if the aggrieved party sues in court
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist – covers the cost of damage in the situation where another rider who isn’t covered by insurance causes an accident
- Comprehensive – provides coverage for your ATV in case of theft, fire, vandalism, or severe damage by weather
- Total loss – replaces an ATV with a new one in case of a serious accident leading to total damage
How To Stay Safe on an ATV
Whether you use your four-wheeler for farm chores, yard work, hunting, or off-road exploration, you need to be responsible as an ATV owner. This means wearing safety gear, riding safely, and staying protected with an ATV policy.