Due to the nature of many dental procedures, dentists sometimes find themselves in high-risk situations in which a lawsuit may occur. Dentist Professional Liability Insurance can provide dentists with the peace of mind that they need to protect themselves, their families, and their income. Dentists should review their insurance plan regularly to insure that they are properly covered.
Professional Liability Insurance covers claims of bodily injury or property damage liability that occur at a dentist’s worksite. It covers the work that a dentist can legally conduct in his or her state. A good coverage plan may cover dentists for damages arising from the following:
- Treatments that have been provided or should have been provided to patients
- Treatments that have been provided or that should have been provided to patients by a dentist’s employees or anyone for whom the dentist is legally responsible.
Below are some of the insurance highlights that may be covered by Professional Liability Insurance:
- Vicarious Liability
- Locum Tenens
- First Aid
- Employment Practices Liability Defense
- Defendant’s Reimbursement
- Contractual Liability for entities such as HMOs, IPAs, and PP0s
- Disciplinary and Licensure Board Defense
It is important for dentists to review their Dentist Professional LiabilityInsurance frequently and to discuss the details of plan options with a qualified insurance agent in order to get the best plan and price available.